What Needs to Happen:
- Nick Foles will need to play a very good game, enough to lead the Eagles to victory. This will be an audition for Foles to solidify another start next week even if Vick is healthy enough to play.
- Special teams will need to play better than they did last year vs the Cowboys. Dwayne Harris returned a punt for a TD which was a huge momentum shift in the game in favor of the Cowboys.
- The defense will need to find a way to get pressure on Tony Romo for a number of reasons. 1) He is prone to throw interceptions, 2) The Cowboys are without RB DeMarco Murray so it is figured they will lean on the pass more so today, and reason 3) they have a lot of weapons in the passing game so limiting the time he has to find the weapons will make it easier on the secondary.
- Continue the success on the ground especially up the middle. With a thin DT position for the Cowboys, McCoy and the offense need to take advantage of this.
- Find a way to keep Jackson going in this game. Get him open, he loves playing the Cowboys.
- Last but not least but probably most importantly, they need to execute. No turnovers, no penalties, and damage control (bend but don’t break).